[GLLUG] content filtering

Michael George george at idealso.com
Tue Apr 1 08:34:52 EDT 2008

I'll look at the openwrt site and see what I can find for modules.  I
understand that dd-wrt is based on it and can use its modules, but they
will have to be hand-configured.

Do you know of any "recipies" for setting up firewall rules on a server to
run transparent/forced proxy?  I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't
require me to dig knee-deep into learning firewall rules...

I'm also quite happy with a multi-layered approach.  I can use OpenDNS,
and dansguardian, and the log files.  Putting the system in a public place
is probably one of the best moves, but there are some physical
complexities going in that direction...

Hmm, I bet I can get a boot CD that will fire up the system and do the
same things that LTSP does over wireless...  I'll have to look into that
option.  Then I can put the system in more places in the house without
stringing more ethernet cables...

On Mon, March 31, 2008 11:37 pm, Richard Houser wrote:

-Michael George