[GLLUG] Mixed windows linux networking shared folders

L Inbody linbody at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 16:54:08 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the help, I had completely forgotten about the how to forge
website.  I found exactly what I was looking for here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-home-fileserver

The second part of the email that didn't get sent, does anyone have
experience with VMWare?  We are having an issue with external USB storage
devices in the virtual machines on the Dell desktop.  No problems on the
standard Ubuntu installs on the other computers.  For some unknown reason
while running Ubuntu as the host OS and Windows as the guest, the storage
devices are recognized in Ubuntu and even after unmounting they do not show
up in the VMware server console.

Thanks!