[GLLUG] Gentoo not holding sound through reboots

Mike Szumlinski szumlins at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 22:19:21 EDT 2008

I just recently built my second MAME arcade cabinet and for some
reason I'm having issues with the sound drivers not loading properly
after a reboot.

After booting into the system and running alsoconf, it detects the
card, activates it, and says it is loading it into /etc/modules.d/alsa

When I look in that file, it appears as though everything is set
right, but I'm kind of new to sound configs in linux.  In the past
alsoconf has always just worked for me and I've never had any issue.

Any ideas on where to start looking for the problem would be much
appreciated.

-Mike