[GLLUG] Gentoo not holding sound through reboots

Brent Barker b.w.barker at smokejive.net
Fri Apr 11 02:18:21 EDT 2008

Do you have the sound drivers built into the kernel, built as a module, or
as a purely userspace daemon?

You say it doesn't work after reboot. Was it working before reboot? If so,
how did you get it to work then?

If it's built into the kernel, I'm not sure.

If it's built as a module, then add the module name to the list here:

/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.x

If it is a userspace program, there should be an initscript under
/etc/init.d/  . If so, use the command

# rc-update add <initscript> default

Good luck!

--brent