[GLLUG] Room Party and Cookout

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Mon Apr 21 22:20:50 EDT 2008

At 09:21 PM 4/21/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>Stephan Andre' wrote:
>
> > Rather than think of ways to scale back, think of things to do to
> > augment the costs.  Sleeping in the room is a great start.  The
> > other thing I'd suggest is figure out what it will cost and then
> > pass the hat.  If I miss that a few weeks ago on this mailing list,
> > then you ought to be a little more loud in your requests. ;-)
>
>Scaling back isn't one of the things I'm really considering.  The only
>things that I plan to cut back on are things that I bought but didn't
>use.  We bought way more bowls, spoons and napkins than we ever used.
>The money we raised from the laptop raffle and t-shirt sales would have
>covered the cost of beer and supplies if I had scaled the supplies properly.

You can always bring the extras along when we have our Brazilian Beef GLLUG
cookout.  A time for which we should set soon.  Susan and I thought we
would offer to host the event, though some of you will have to bring
charcoal grills since all we have is a gas one that doesn't respond very
well to rock salt.  As an initial proposal, how does Friday, May 9th sound
to everyone?  I know it's not the traditional Thursday meeting night, but
it would make hosting easier.  (Thursday the 8th would probably be OK.)

Stan Mortel
mortel at cyber-nos.com