[GLLUG] Penguicon Planning Meeting

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Fri Feb 8 15:35:02 EST 2008

At 12:07 PM 2/8/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>Last night we discussed holding a Penguicon planning meeting at the next
>GLLUG meeting.  A quick look at the calendar suggests that this is
>valentine's day, and some of us might have other obligations in order to
>prevent this from becoming an even colder winter.
>
>So do we want to have this meeting, or push it off to a more practical time?
>
>Clay

Yes, let's make it next week.  However, we could start the process via
email or a non-public link on the web site.  We have a couple of years
under our belts, so we basically know what needs to get done.  But we don't
have Charles to do the organizing and oversight.

Charles, has anyone contacted you yet to get the materials from last
year?  If not, contact me off-list and maybe we can set up a time to meet.

I know we need someone to identify all the hardware that will be required,
and to ensure that it is available.
I assume Jeff will be taking care of the terminal server.
Has anyone been in touch with the hotel?  We need room layout and
dimensions.  We need to let them know about power requirements, and air
conditioning, and internet access.
Chick, will you be doing the scheduling for the tech. and security staffing
again?

That's a start anyway.  Let's get rolling.  Penguicon isn't all that far
off anymore.

Stan Mortel
mortel at cyber-nos.com