[GLLUG] Re: linux-user Digest, Vol 58, Issue 21

Chris Chan crazytales at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:38:50 EST 2008

Short answer: Yes, but you may not be able to write to it.

Long answer: It depends on the filesystem in use. If it's formatted in
FAT32, then you can read and write to it from DSL. If NTFS, tehn you
can read but not write, unless you install a driver called ntfs-3g.
But ntfs-3g is still kind of immature.

If you're a traitor and run a Mac formatted HFS+ drive, then you
cannot access it at all, to my knowledge. zBut that is kind of rare to
have a HFS+ formatted external drive.

--Chris