[GLLUG] Computer gaming

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sat Feb 23 20:23:08 EST 2008

Hi All,

My memory is known to fail me, but I seem to recall that there were
some rumblings earlier about actually making a decent showing of
computer gaming in the Lounge this year. MPCon organizers are puting
together a bona-fide LAN party at Penguicon this year and have asked
us if there's anything that can be done regarding a collaboration of
the two functions. I don't know yet whether this entails us helping
them or vice versa, or both, but I wanted to at least get this out
there and find out who's heading up the computer gaming (Richard? That
you?) so that I can give them the MPCon guy's contact info.

I suspect that since they're a LAN party, they probably already have
all the networking equipment they need. But if anyone has any ideas of
stuff we can help them out with (or what we can ask of them), feel
free to jump into the discussion.

Charles