[GLLUG] Question - Opinion on DSL

Benjamin Cathey benjamincathey at catheycompany.com
Fri Jan 11 08:48:14 EST 2008

Okay - I've had DSL twice in my life (YEARS ago) and was thouroly dissasisfied with the speed.  The phone company blamed the the DSL provider and the DSL provider blamed the phone company and the wiring inside my house.

ANYWAY,  I got a flier in the mail the other day and we are going to change our phone service to a company called Cavalier (cavtel.com).  They have been around about 10 years but only 1 in MI.  Anyway, I was thinking of switching to their DSL service as well.  We are looking to save some money (just got a new job, etc) and the DSL + Phone (Unlimited Long Dist) is 49-59 dollars.  They say up to 15 Mbps, however, due to my distance, they said I should get between 5 and 10.  Mainly I am concerned with the speed (up and down for things like ekiga or skype).

I am looking for opinions on this if anyone has one or has heard of this company.

Thanks,

Benjamin Cathey
System Administrator
Cathey Company
4917 Tranter St.
Lansing, MI 48910 USA
Phone:     517.393.4720
Fax:       517.393.4225
Toll Free: 800.333.1972
"Service is Our Profession"

**  LEGAL DISCLAIMER   **

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this E-mail message from your computer.