[GLLUG] Digital Video Cameras & Linux

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sat Jan 19 13:08:54 EST 2008

Marr wrote:
> I'm still wondering about this, Clay. Any further info? I'd like to add this
> utility to my repertoire.
>
> On Friday 18 January 2008 9:30am, Clay Dowling wrote:
>> There's a utility called librawtest that performs a similar
>> function to gscanbus, and that's the one that tells me that the card is
>> working fine, but there's no nodes attached.
>
> Please let us know where this 'librawtest' comes from. I cannot find it
> anywhere on my Ubuntu partition, anywhere in the 'libraw1394' TGZ extraction,
> or on any other machines of mine. Furthermore, a Google search for it returns
> null. Where did you get this mystery utility?
>
> Bill Marr

My appologies, I got the name wrong and forgot to update the list.  It's
testlibraw.  And when everything is coming along properly this is what
the output looks like:

successfully got handle
current generation number: 1
1 card(s) found
  nodes on bus:  2, card name: ohci1394
using first card found: 2 nodes on bus, local ID is 1, IRM is 1

doing transactions with custom tag handler
trying to send read request to node 0... completed with value 0x0ffbca57
trying to send read request to node 1... completed with value 0x3404cb57

using standard tag handler and synchronous calls
trying to read from node 0... completed with value 0xeb21cb57
trying to read from node 1... completed with value 0x7b25cb57

testing FCP monitoring on local node
got fcp command from node 1 of 8 bytes: 01 23 45 67 89 ab cd ef
got fcp response from node 1 of 8 bytes: 01 23 45 67 89 ab cd ef
testing config rom stuff
get_config_rom returned 0, romsize 64, rom_version 4
here are the first 10 quadlets:
0. quadlet: 0x86fc0404
1. quadlet: 0x34393331
2. quadlet: 0x32a264e0
[...]