[GLLUG] Emacs IRC Client Trouble

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Thu Jan 24 19:27:57 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 06:57:16PM -0500, Marr wrote:

  On Thursday 24 January 2008 6:21pm, Marr wrote:
  > I don't even have to use 'erc'. I'd gladly run any simple IRC client that
  > won't require me to install a ton of extra junk on top of my nice Slackware
  > 11.0 installation. Simpler (and lower-bandwidth) is better, especially
  > since I'll only be using it once.

  (Replying to my own post here...)

  I found 'BitchX' in Slackware. This seems to be running, although I'm still
  not savvy enough with IRC commands to be very useful with it. :^)

  Other advice or comments (especially on 'erc') would still be appreciated.

  Regards,
  Bill Marr

I don't know anything about erc or emacs, but xchat sounds like a popular
graphical irc client that I imagine would get you going easily.  Gaim or
Pidgin also have graphical IRC clients.  Also, if you have Mozilla, I believe
it has a graphical irc client built in called Chatzilla.