[GLLUG] Apache crashing?

Ross Smith rsmith1916 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:34:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:47 AM, ZuG <ozugo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm having trouble with my apache 2.2.3 system. Installed ffmpeg,
> ffmpeg-php, flvtool2, and menconder to run dolphin CMS system.
>
> Now, apache is crashing randomly, perhaps 2 times a week. I turned the
> apache logging up fully to try to track it down, and the apache logs just
> don´t show anything out of the ordinary. Everything is working fine, and
> then nothing.
>
> Do I get to play the "uninstall stuff until it stops" game, or is there a
> better suggestion as to how to track this down? I'm pretty new to
> troubleshooting apache, though I know my way around the machine pretty well.
>

> Erica

Any chance you could post the apache and/or messages log file contents for
the time around when the crash occurs?  There may be something obscure that
an extra pair of eyes might help to find.  Also, is anything else crashing
or just apache?  There is a good chance uninstalling ffmpeg and the other
programs won't help your case.  If anything, I would suggest re-installing
Apache if you take that route.  Really though, that's a last route.  Try
changing some settings within apache such as the increasing the
'MaxRequestPerChild' and 'ThreadsPerChild' counts.  It could be as simple as
a memory issue (hopefully).

-- Ross