[GLLUG] Sofware Freedom Day

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:34:03 EDT 2008

I have an idea.  Instead of a meeting/seminar/install-fest open to the
general public, how about we target our presentation(s) to an audience
interested in learning about free software?  Examples would be members
of a large high school (faculty, students, and parents) or even a school
district.  Perhaps some of the colleges at MSU, or even the MSU library
system.  (Ranti?)  I don't mean sitting the student body down in the
auditorium and doing a big presentation, but seeing if any of these
groups have interested members willing to come on a Saturday and listen
to us, and maybe help them install Linux.  In other words, let's find an
interested audience, rather than throw it open and see who comes.

                                Chick