[GLLUG] Sofware Freedom Day

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:00:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an idea.  Instead of a meeting/seminar/install-fest open to the general public, how about we target our presentation(s) to an audience interested in learning about free software?

And in conjunction with that...things happening that weekend in
Lansing. All, some, or none of this might be relevant to us, but it
gives a backdrop for ideas to tie into other things happening...if
only for which people NOT to bother to try and target.

Old Town BluesFest - September 19 & 20, 2008 <http://www.oldtownbluesfest.com/>

Michigan State Spartans vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish <Date, September
20, 2008. Time, 3:30 PM. >

10th Annual Michigan Remembers Run (MRR)
<http://www.gmasw.com/mrr.htm> Saturday, 1:30 pm rally
  - The 10th Annual Michigan Remembers Run (MRR) honors and remembers
military POW/MIA personnel from all U.S. Wars, and the families who
await return of their loved one's. The run begins from staging sites
throughout Michigan on Saturday morning. The groups then ride to
Lansing. Participants should arrive at the Capitol steps by 1:00 p.m.

Cruisin the Gut Car Show, 3-10 PM <http://www.cruisinthegut.com/>
 - Cruisin' the Gut features classic autos displayed along Washington
Avenue starting at 4 pm on each cruise date.  At 8 pm classic cars
will begin to cruise the downtown area just like they did in the
1960's  Spectators can expect as many as 100 cars during good weather
cruises.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com