[GLLUG] ssh to administer another computer over the internet

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:59:40 EDT 2008

You might consider going to dyndns.org or dynup.net and setting up a
domain name so that you don't need to type in an IP address for them
every time.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Clay Dowling <clay at lazarusid.com> wrote:
> You'll also need to make sure that they have an ssh server on their
> computer.  Is this a windows machine or Linux?  You told me once but I
> don't remember.
> Clay
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Athanasius Pelletier wrote:
>> I am at my parents' house and I want to be able to update and troubleshoot
>> their computer from my own back in Michigan.  Somebody told me how to do
>> this a while back but I don't remember how.  I know I need their ip address
>> and set the router to leave port 22 open (do they call that telnet?)  what
>> else do I need to do?
> _______________________________________________
> linux-user mailing list
> linux-user at egr.msu.edu
> http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/listinfo/linux-user

More information about the linux-user mailing list