[GLLUG] Off-Topic: Job opportunity

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Thu Jul 31 14:19:11 EDT 2008

My wife has accepted a position out of state, so we will be re-locating before the end of the year. The Michigan Court of Appeals has posted to hire a replacement for my spot as Systems Manager, in hopes of getting someone in before I leave to facilitate a smoother transition.

This position's main responsibility is leading a team of developers and administrators in development of software to automate court operations statewide. Primary software development is ASP.Net (C#) with SQL Server on the back end. There are existing systems being maintained in Legacy ASP and JSP, with the JSP running on JBoss on Linux. The legacy systems all connect to a replicated Oracle 10g system running on Linux. We use NetWare for file and print. This is a very heterogenous environment, and requires a broad base of knowledge, and ability for quick learning and problem solving.

If you are interested in applying for this position, please see the attached posting for further details.

-- Andy Lee
 Systems Manager
 Michigan Court of Appeals