[GLLUG] DVD+RW recommendations

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Fri Mar 7 16:35:14 EST 2008

Lite-On, Samsung, and LG burners generally get pretty good reviews and
are also among the cheapest available unless you want some new
whiz-bang feature. My workstation has a Lite-On DVD-RW that's speedy,
quiet, and hasn't given any problems. I bought it a year or two ago to
replace a SCSI Plextor CD-RW. (The Plextor drive never went bad, but
Linux support for the SCSI controller kept degrading until I couldn't
use optical drives with it anymore.)

Charles