[GLLUG] DVD+RW recommendations

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Fri Mar 7 13:44:16 EST 2008

I'm looking for a good DVD burner for use on a linux server for backups to
go off-site.  So many of them seem to be junk.  In the past I've had good
luck with Plextor, but it seems they no longer manufacture them and are
selling rebranded pioneer units.  The only one I've found that doesn't have
mixed reviews (as in lots of bad ones) is an LG SATA model that is almost $300.

So, anyone have a recommendation based on real world experience for
something that can still be bought new, and that works well with
Linux?  Thanks in advance.

Stan

Stan Mortel
mortel at cyber-nos.com