[GLLUG] Request for Computer Louge Staffing

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:05:52 EDT 2008

Charles Ulrich wrote:
> Woah, 5 or 6? That's a bummer. Previously, our goal had always been to
> have everything up by noon. :)
Yeah, that was my impression from the conversations at the meetings.
Well, 'early' was my impression.
If we want to do the hotel's work for/with them, we can move a BIT
faster, but the earliest that our room
will be available to be worked on, is about 2:30 or so. Trust that this
has NOT been going over well with
the concom. :)
> If there are enough people helping
> (and barring any major technical glitches), having the whole lounge
> set up and ready to go in an hour or two isn't at all unreasonable.

Another factor that's only come into play (been mentioned, and resolved)
since the meeting, is that
the two servers for Registration are going to be behind our desk as
well. I tossed another 20A box
into our service request for it (so we'll have 6 boxes at 20A a piece),
but it didn't occur to me till just
now that we'll Probably need a bit higher priority for setup at this
point. Possibly first. :) I'll bounce that
concept to Jer right now.

When it came up at the meeting, I thought "Well yeah, it would be NICE
to be set up ASAP, but we don't
really have anything crucial to be in place for; areas like MP Con need
the priority." Not that we're talking
about a LARGE difference in time; one of the sops from the hotel for
messing us up on Friday, is bringing in
all the employees possible to help set up tables and such. I'm sure that
a few more hands doing physical labour
can't hurt, though.