[GLLUG] Request for Computer Louge Staffing

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Fri Mar 14 00:27:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Peter Smith <psmith.gllug at gmail.com> wrote:
>  A number of the rooms, including the one for the computer lounge, will
>  not be available to us to even start having the tables dragged in for,
>  until around 3pm on Friday. I don't expect that we'll have access to the
>  room to start dragging in computers until 5 or 6 pm on
>  Friday...pre-opening ceremonies are 6:30, ceremonies are at 7, and when
>  pressed for an estimate at setup time, based on similar prior knowledge,
>  I guesstimated 3-4 hours. We'll see what the minutes hold. :)

Woah, 5 or 6? That's a bummer. Previously, our goal had always been to
have everything up by noon. :)  The lounge was always a great place to
hang out for those who got to the con early and are just waiting for
the panels and events to start. If there are enough people helping
(and barring any major technical glitches), having the whole lounge
set up and ready to go in an hour or two isn't at all unreasonable.

Charles