[GLLUG] HP Laptop Mic

Deepan codeshepherd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:54:56 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I have Fc 6 on a HP Pavllion dv 6000. I am able to
listen to music on the built in speakers.The
inbuilt mic doesn't work and when connecting
external speakers I don't get the sound on the
external speakers  thought my built in speakers
continue to work. After searching on the internet,
came to  know I had to upgrade alsa drivers. I
downloaded the latest version and  alsa-drivers
and als-libs and did as mentioned in the README.
But  /proc/asound/version still shows me the old
version. What have I missed ? Do I need to
recompile the kernel ?
Regards
Deepan
Facebook Sudoku Solver: