[GLLUG] Mystery tech -- laptop

Bill Bartilson bbartilson at comcast.net
Mon May 19 11:48:24 EDT 2008

They used those at Waverly schools about ten years ago.  The idea was
that a kid without a computer at home could check one of these out,
type a paper, and transfer it back at school the next day for printing.

If any of the same IT folks are still there, they might have some
expertise to lend.  Maybe the Eaton ISD would?

I'm pretty confident that if you found one at a garage sale around
here, Waverly is likely where it began life.  I was a K-12 tech
director back then, and I know of no one else around here who used them.

Regards,
Bill