[GLLUG] Firefox 3 vs. 2

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 00:14:14 EDT 2008

I guess everybody else automatically accepts or denies cookies, rather
than accepting or denying them on a case-by-case basis, as I do.  <rant>
Some _idiot_ Firefox developer decided each window tab should grab focus
whenever a cookie acceptance dialog is displayed.  (A Bugzilla note says
it even grabs focus from other applications!)  Thus, whenever one is
trying to read a page while loading other pages in background tabs, the
focus switches to the querying tab that was in the background,
supposedly so users won't be confused about which tab is querying them.
  This just makes me want to scream!  Not only that, but it appears in
Bugzilla, despite many complaints from users, the "feature" will not be
fixed because that's the way it's supposed to work.  If I can't find a
plugin to fix this, I'm going back to version 2.0.0.16 until they get
version 3 right, if ever.  If they don't, I guess it's goodbye Firefox
for me. </rant>

                                Chick