[GLLUG] Call for Brazilian Beef Volunteers

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:03:13 EDT 2009

It is time once again to solicit volunteers to help with the Brazilian
beef cook-out at Penguicon.  I hope people can be generous with their
time, and I would like to have enough people that nobody has to spend
all day with this.  If you can help, please reply to me, not this list,
at beef at penguicon.org, so I can keep all my volunteer responses in one
place.

The beef will be served from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, May
2nd, but we'll need help well before and after those times.  If there's
something specific you want to do, feel free to let me know; we'll need
people to slice the beef both before and after cooking it, people to
cook the beef, people to wash utensils and cutting boards, people to
fetch soft drinks and run errands, people to carry meat from the
ConSuite to the grill (about thirty feet), and someone to take tickets.
  I plan to switch people among jobs as I can, so nobody gets stuck for
long with something they detest, although there are some jobs that
require specialized knowledge, such as slicing the beef into steaks
before cooking it and actually cooking it.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me
know.  I'm getting excited about this, now that it's a month away.
--

                   Chick Tower
                   Brazilian Beef Cook-out "Head Honcho"