[GLLUG] Penguicon Newshttps://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2df1002609&view=tl&search=inbox&fs=1&start=0#drafts/120740ceaa3733df

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:51:31 EDT 2009

<edited a bit - This has been sitting in 'draft' for about a week>I was
going to save my meeting report for AFTER the April 9th GLLUG meeting, but
since I'm missed that one with about a day's notice, I started up this post,
and then, well, life happens

Apparently there's some students from ITT Tech who were looking to volunteer
in some fashion that would make use of their technical skills. Matt sent a
query out my way to see if we could use them in the Lounge; things were busy
last week, no time to chatter at anyone since I didn't get there till 7 and
had to leave at 9, but I did tell him that we'd more than likely gladly take
them on to help out during the Con...that we had setup and breakdown covered
pretty well...but that their technical skills probably wouldn't be tested
very well. :) I also told him that we were still waiting for a  solid Event
Schedule before we finished our internal volunteer schedule.

That didn't seem to be grokked very well, as a somewhat odd message came out
with the volunteer info to this list yesterday, expressing confusion over
how things are going with our volunteer work. I assume we're not going to
see any sort of Drupal module to do volunteer signup, so Charles is back to
his tried and true manual methods. :)

Poked the treasurer girl with the list of people at the meeting, and got
cheques written for everyone's refund from last year. About half the people
here got back to me with amounts, and everyone seemed to be at the $35
level, so, that's what I fetched for everyone. At the door registration is
$50, and I'll find out if they'll take their own cheques back as part of it
for anyone who hasn't registered yet, and didn't sign up for this year's reg
with their wuffies from last year; if you're in that boat, give me a shout
so I can make sure to check at the last ConCom meeting before the convention
itself (the weekend before).

I'll open up another thread about the timetable for the Con itself; I know
there's a bit of chatter about the convoy, but timing is a bit worse than
last year for access, and a bit tighter, so it all deserves a thread.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com