[GLLUG] Burnbox & Beer progress

Marr marr at copper.net
Mon Apr 20 01:50:48 EDT 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009 10:57:17pm Clay Dowling wrote:

> I would like to know what people want to see for images on the box.
> There are a couple of factors though:

> 3. A CD full of open source software for Windows would be nice to have.
> If somebody could point me to a good distro I would like that.

Clay,

I've never used it, but I had this link to "The Open Disc", which may fit the
bill:

   http://www.theopendisc.com

The "About" page says:

--------------------

OpenDisc is a high quality collection of open source software (OSS) for the
Microsoft Windows operating system. The two main goals of the project are:

   To provide a free alternative to costly software, with equal or often
better quality equivalents to proprietary, shareware or freeware software for
Microsoft Windows.

   To educate users of Linux as an operating system for home, business and
educational use.

The majority of programs featured on OpenDisc are also available on Linux.

This project is a "fork" of 'The Open CD' which, according to the webpage
for 'The Open CD', "is no longer under active development".

HTH....

Bill Marr