[GLLUG] Burnbox & Beer progress

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:18:30 EDT 2009

Ubuntu 8.10....hrm...I was thinking 8.04 LTS and 9.04, assuming the latter
is released on time on April 23rd, 2009. FreeBSD 7.2 will start being
released on May 1; if I can poke and get an image by then, I'll drop it on
something and bring it along; we'll see if RC2 comes out today.

I'll leave other distros up to their respective evangelists... are there any
'simple user friendly' distros that anyone likes? I had in mind something
like the PC-BSD variant of FreeBSD (http://www.pcbsd.org/), but I haven't
touched anything else to make any recommendations.

Something that runs well as a Live CD (DVD, ooh) might be nice as well.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com