[GLLUG] Penguicon Registrations

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Tue Apr 28 13:11:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:19:52 -0400, Peter Smith <psmith.gllug at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well, that was a rather productive Saturday. Not only did I get results
on
> what Registration has recorded for the list I made up (more on that
below),
> but I've talked to the Volunteer chief, found that yes, Charles *has*
been
> talking to her, at least, about what he thinks his needs are. Pity that
> wasn't coordinated between us, so that the rest of the ConCom wouldn't
get
> conflicting information, but, such is life.

I've been quite overwhelmed with things lately and unfortunately Penguicon
was actually pretty low on my list of priorities until about a week ago.
Basically what happened here was that I had no idea that I needed to speak
with the Volunteer Chief until the conchair made a snarky remark on the
concom mailing list about it. So I sent the volunteer chief an email to
find out what exactly she needed but I forgot to CC you on the exchange to
keep you in the loop. I apologize for that.

> *Volunteers! *Tracking schedule is in a "Spreadsheet
> <here><http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pGBFPJKXgLCFPKEkZfmuAYg>";
> I'm not sure of the key, but I've told Con Scheduling that we'll be open
> for
> 'business' from 6pm Friday (earlier if we're set up, but, one never knows
> what happens) through Noon on Sunday, so we can strike the lounge in time
> for everyone who wants to do so, to make it to the Closing ceremonies.
I've
> also told them we need two people in there at all times; during the day,
> that leaves one person to keep an eye on the multiple exits, while the
> other
> is 'distractable' by people needing help; overnight, this comes closer to
> assuring that someone's AWAKE all night. Charles seems to have derived an
> entirely different concept, probably based on the fact that there's only
4
> people on his volunteer sheet.
> *

Not sure what you mean. Yes, it would be nice to have both volunteer
positions again, but this year we just don't have enough people stepping up
to help. I have two more volunteers to put on the sheet, so once I do that,
our volunteer roster for the entire weekend (not including myself) will be
6 people. The remaining hours for the security daemon position will have to
be filled by volunteers from ops or myself.

Charles
--
http://bityard.net