[GLLUG] Brewing Day!

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Fri Feb 27 06:24:55 EST 2009

I looked into the logistics of brewing a second batch of beer on
Saturday, and it doesn't look practical.  We would need to come up with
a second lautering tun, and a good one requires some equipment that we
can't pick up at Home Depot or Walmart.  A bad one is a misery forever.
Not that we can't brew a second batch on a later day, for those who
couldn't make this session.

If we want to do this second batch, we need to think about what we
want.  The easiest to do would be heffewizen, for which I have the
ingredients.  That makes it cheap to brew.  People will drink a lot of
this.  Friends ask me to make it for them quite a bit.

The other alternative is a stout.  Stouts ferment quickly and we would
have no trouble getting this beer ready for Penguicon if we brewed in
the next couple of weeks.  Stouts are also popular with dedicated beer
drinkers.  I haven't brewed a stout from grain before, so it will be a
small adventure for me.

To get to my house:

5390 River Ridge Drive
Flushing, MI 48433