[GLLUG] how to remove

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Fri Jan 16 21:39:41 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael George <george at idealso.com>
To: Mike Rambo <mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us>
Sent: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:37:17 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GLLUG] how to remove

are the files that used to be under this directory in lost+found?  I would
think that if the FS didn't see this as a directory, there would be some
dangling i-nodes that would have been put in lost+found.

What does the system tell you when you try to remove the file with "rm mdk"?

I didn't think to check lost+found. I'll do that when I get back to work on Tuesday.
Attempts to remove, chmod, chown or anything else I tried are all met with an
access denied message (even when done as root user).

--
Mike