[GLLUG] Meeting Presentations

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 22:55:33 EDT 2009

As those of you who come to meetings know, we don't have many
presentations any more.  Something some of us have discussed are what
has been referred to in other places as lightning talks.  They're short
presentations, with several per meeting, so that nobody has to prepare a
lengthy one.  We could have a theme for each meeting, with short talks
from people about the theme, such as favorite applications of a
particular genre (e-mail clients, file managers, whatever might be
informative)(not emacs vs. vi types of talks), favorite search engines,
favorite PC-related shopping sites, general or special-use
distributions, or anything anyone cares to suggest.  Whatever people are
interested in.  We could also have some themeless talks, too, just a
hodge-podge of topics.

What does everyone think about this?  Would you be more likely to
contribute a short presentation than a long one?  Should we select a
particular meeting or two each month, such as the first or second
Thursday?  I'm just asking questions, and hoping for responses.
--

                                Chick