[GLLUG] IBM Thinkpad with Gobo Linux

Dave goofle1 at att.net
Wed Jun 3 19:02:34 EDT 2009

Hello,

Well, we have returned from our fifteen day vacation in Arizona with
an IBM Thinkpad Laptop ( my first laptop ) with 1/2 OS as WIN and
the better half as Gobo Linux. This is 1.7 G with a new 160 G HD,
and 1.256 Memory.

Somebody on GLLUG about a year ago suggested the Gobo Linux distribution
here, and I did download the ISO disc to sample it, and liked it but
didn't have the room to install it then. My son did and it went without
a hitch.

Now, if the person that originally mentioned Gobo is still on GLLUG I'd
like him to write me so maybe I can use his knowledge of Gobo to assist
me in using it without making my usual MESS of things. Have several
questions as what to do to install certain programs into Gobo.

dave Felzke
Ionia

goofle1_att.net