[GLLUG] Server Classes

Charles charles at bityard.net
Fri Jun 26 23:18:42 EDT 2009

Clay Dowling wrote:
> We talked about our server classes last night at the GLLUG meeting,
> and I wanted to pop something on the list today to get people around
> the idea and start scheduling it.
>
> The plan is for four classes, to take people from base installation to
> actually running a server.
>
> My proposed schedule:
>

> Saturday, July 11th - 1pm: Installfest, concentrating on Ubuntu
> Server.  Lani has agreed to lead this.  Additional hands to help
> people with questions would be appreciated.

Won't be able to make it to this one. I'll be at a wedding. The others,
I can most likely do, but I'll be sure to give advance notice if not.

[snip]

> 4. Video of an installfest (ideally from the Jully 11th session).  If
> we can get people to say on tape how helpful we were, it's a great
> recruiting tool for later sessions.

I thought I had the nightly news clip from Software Freedom Day a couple
years back, but I can't find it anywhere now. If it turns up, and can be
of use, I'll let you know.

Charles
--
http://bityard.net