[GLLUG] Career guidance request

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Sun Mar 1 01:19:50 EST 2009

Hey group!  A friend of mine is coming to see me tomorrow thinking about
a career change into the IT field somewhere.  His background is quite
limited at the moment, but he is trying to find a direction.  He is
coming from a financial background - financial planning side of things.
Any thoughts on what's hot right now (i.e., needed, as in he might get
hired once he develops the skills)?  My inclination is to talk to him
about web design and database administration.  Any helpful insight would
be vastly appreciated.

Stan