[GLLUG] OT: LED grow light

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Mon Mar 9 10:00:37 EDT 2009

I am sure this has been thought of before, but a traffic light out on my
way to work reminded me of it.

Given plants use mostly the red and blue spectrum. the exact frequencies
vary depending on species.

You might be able to get away with a red LED traffic light.

MOST cities already use these because of the long life and lower energy
costs. They use standard 120vac current and they are replaced 100-150 watt
halogens.