[GLLUG] 10 Fundamental diffs bet. LINUX & win

Dave goofle1 at att.net
Thu Mar 19 02:43:53 EDT 2009

This is a very good article.

Sent it to many in my address book to show
them the differences.

It took a while, and a move, but am now using
Ubuntu 8.10. Also have Sun xVM VirtualBox that
was installed by my son so I can use Rootsmagic
Genealogy Program ( win only ).

Have Dual boot for two HD: Linux is 120G.

Compuker is Homemade by my son w/Intel Cent.dual
processor @2.33. Have two DVD/CD drives.

Also finally, after many years, am doing SETI on
Linux which I can say is more stable than when I
do SETI on win. I don't know why, but it works
better on Linux, at least to me.

Lastly, have made an ISO disc of the GoBo Linux
distribution, and will in the future either use
it on another compuker or an external HD on this
one.

Again, TNX for the excellent article

Dave, now in Ionia