[GLLUG] Penguicon Volunteer Rewards Program

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:55:50 EDT 2009

In case any of you were considering whether or not to volunteer to spend
some hours working in the computer lounge or for the convention itself
this year, here's an excerpt from a message from the convention
committee chairman about volunteering.  (Note that the "me" referred to
is the volunteer coordinator, not the convention committee chairman.)  I
believe credits will be assigned at the rate of one credit per hour of
"work," which can be used for "buying" your reimbursement and for other
things.

"If you do at least an hour of work every day, you can share the
Penguin Pit, our official volunteer sleeping space. There's a room for
guys and another room for gals. Storage is at your own risk. Ask me or
Ops for the key when you're ready to get in.

If you work six hours over the weekend, Chuck Child will reimburse
your registration cost at a table outside of Ops on the third floor.
He will be there from 11 AM through 1 PM on Sunday. We reimburse on
the condition that the convention makes money (which we always have
before)."

                                Chick