[GLLUG] Penguicon 8.0 computer lounge

Marshal Newrock marshal at freedombi.com
Fri May 8 13:47:09 EDT 2009

7.0 is done, now it's time to be looking ahead towards Penguicon 8.0.
Peter, if I recall correctly, you said that you would be heading up the
music track, and thusly did not want to do Computer Lounge.  Is there
anyone else who would like to do this?  If not, I'm willing to step up
to the plate.

Also, we seem to have a consensus that we want a "Lounge in a Duffel
Bag", that is, a bunch of old laptops to work as terminals.  They need,
of course, internal 100Mbit ethernet with the ability to PXE boot, good
screens (1024x768 resolution), good keyboards, good power adapter,
basically, good hardware except for the hard drive and battery.  And
the memory requirements will be modest as well.  If you've got
something like this lying around, pipe up.

Marshal

--
Marshal Newrock
517-679-0699 x223