[GLLUG] Penguicon 8.0 computer lounge

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Fri May 8 14:14:07 EDT 2009

Marshal Newrock wrote:
> 7.0 is done, now it's time to be looking ahead towards Penguicon 8.0.
> Peter, if I recall correctly, you said that you would be heading up the
> music track, and thusly did not want to do Computer Lounge.  Is there
> anyone else who would like to do this?  If not, I'm willing to step up
> to the plate.

Marshal, you have my vote.  Be sure to contact Randy and volunteer us to
do the computer lounge again next year, at the handover meeting I presume.
> Also, we seem to have a consensus that we want a "Lounge in a Duffel
> Bag", that is, a bunch of old laptops to work as terminals.  They need,
> of course, internal 100Mbit ethernet with the ability to PXE boot, good
> screens (1024x768 resolution), good keyboards, good power adapter,
> basically, good hardware except for the hard drive and battery.  And
> the memory requirements will be modest as well.  If you've got
> something like this lying around, pipe up.

I'll keep my eye on ebay and Craig's List.  If anyone else plans to do
this also we need to coordinate things so we don't bid against each
other.  ;-)

Stan