[GLLUG] Penguicon 8.0 computer lounge

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Fri May 8 19:03:08 EDT 2009

> Marshal Newrock wrote:
>
> 7.0 is done, now it's time to be looking ahead towards Penguicon 8.0.
> Peter, if I recall correctly, you said that you would be heading up the
> music track, and thusly did not want to do Computer Lounge.

Music is what I've got my sights set on, yes, but it's not something
I'm even thinking about until after next week's meeting. Certainly
isn't a 'done deal' until it happens, and isn't anything I've even
come close to making a 'public' announcement about, so mentioning it
on the list wasn't really appreciated. C'est la guerre.

But, sure, either way, I'll step down from the Lounge, unless
otherwise pressed into duty. I had edited the 'duties of the position'
post on the .INFO site, but it seems to have disappeared....I think I
put it out in mail to someone, I'll find it again before next week.
The only outgoing advice I've got for whomever takes over the position
is to get things going early and often; it doesn't SEEM like a
year-round task, but keeping in touch and making sure things are set
up as early as possible, are pivotal for a smooth weekend.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com