[GLLUG] Penguicon 8.0 in 2010

Marshal Newrock marshal at freedombi.com
Tue May 19 14:15:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 13:08:08 -0500 (EST)
Clay Dowling <clay at lazarusid.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 2009, Stanley C. Mortel wrote:
>
> > Ron is exactly right.  I encourage everyone to readjust their way
> > of thinking about the computer lounge at the Con.  It is, first,
> > foremost, and in its entirety, one of the many facets of Penguicon
> > and under the control of the Con Chair.  This year it looks like
> > Marshal will be volunteering to head up the lounge, as a Con
> > volunteer.  We can all volunteer to help Marshal, as
>
> I think that's the bit that hasn't been clear.  Previously the lounge
> was pretty much GLLUG's show, and this year it looks like it will be
> brought in as an actual Penguicon event.  Which does, indeed, make it
> the Con Chair's show.
>
> And hey, if folks have good ideas for making the lounge better,
> that's all to the good.  If the ideas can come at us early we, or
> whoever else volunteers for it, can get started on making it happen.

All else aside, one of the things I'd like to do is have some kind of
document about the terminal server, with some theory as well as
detailed setup instructions.  For a computer lounge, the computer lounge
does quite well.  For open source advocacy, I'm guessing most people
who use it barely realize that they're using Linux.

Marshal Newrock

--
Marshal Newrock
517-679-0699 x223