[GLLUG] Penguicon 8.0 in 2010

Ron Blanchett muteid10t at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:21:56 EDT 2009

The computer lounge has always been Penguicon's Show, GLLUG was just allowed
to do with it as they pleased.

This year that is changing and Randy (ConChair 2010) is the man to talk to
on how he is changing that.

Speculation will get you no where, Direct, Clear, Concise questions will get
you answer.

This list is not the place for those questions either because I can
guarantee you that Randy will not get them if you ask him to answer them
here.

-Ron

On 5/19/09, Clay Dowling <clay at lazarusid.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 2009, Stanley C. Mortel wrote:
>
> > Ron is exactly right.  I encourage everyone to readjust their way of
> thinking
> > about the computer lounge at the Con.  It is, first, foremost, and in its
> > entirety, one of the many facets of Penguicon and under the control of
> the
> > Con Chair.  This year it looks like Marshal will be volunteering to head
> up
> > the lounge, as a Con volunteer.  We can all volunteer to help Marshal, as
>

> I think that's the bit that hasn't been clear.  Previously the lounge was
> pretty much GLLUG's show, and this year it looks like it will be brought
> in as an actual Penguicon event.  Which does, indeed, make it the Con
> Chair's show.
>
> And hey, if folks have good ideas for making the lounge better, that's all
> to the good.  If the ideas can come at us early we, or whoever else
> volunteers for it, can get started on making it happen.
>

> Clay

-Ron