[GLLUG] Penguudindfondongcon 8.0 in 2010 Spelled Wrong just for Eduardo :-)

Marshal Newrock marshal at freedombi.com
Thu May 21 12:34:19 EDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 11:19:15 -0400
Jeff Lawton <jeff at idealso.com> wrote:

> We started doing the lounge because several of us believed it was
> being neglected. Over the years we have done much of it ourselves.
> I  see this as a complement. Until now the con-com has not
> appreciated (if that is the right word) the value of the Lounge.
> Having the new Con-chair recognizing it and deeming it worth of
> attention is what we wanted when we started doing the lounge.  Just
> think of what new thing we may make a reality now that the lounge has
> a life of its own.

I'll disagree with the statement that it was not appreciated.  I think
it was taken for granted, largely because we said we'd do it, and then
on the appointed day, it was just there (something that became a little
harder every year).  There have been attempts to have programming
(mostly in the con sense of the word) in the computer lounge, so it
hasn't been getting ignored, just treated like another room.  This
upcoming year should be different (in a good way) in that regard.

Marshal

--
Marshal Newrock
517-679-0699 x223