[GLLUG] Penguudindfondongcon 8.0 in 2010 Spelled Wrong just for Eduardo :-)

Jeff Lawton jeff at idealso.com
Thu May 21 11:19:15 EDT 2009

First I would like to express appreciation to all the people that have
helped make the Lounge and Penguudindfondongcon possible over the years.
I would like to thank Charles and Marshal for having the passion to take
over the lounge in the first place. I would like to thank Eduardo for
introducing everyone to  Brazilian style beef. (and speed beef :-)) I
have to reflect how amazing the member of the GLLUG are.

We started doing the lounge because several of us believed it was being
neglected. Over the years we have done much of it ourselves.  I  see
this as a complement. Until now the con-com has not appreciated (if that
is the right word) the value of the Lounge. Having the new Con-chair
recognizing it and deeming it worth of attention is what we wanted when
we started doing the lounge.  Just think of what new thing we may make a
reality now that the lounge has a life of its own.

I am personally looking forward to the Lounge getting some formality
from the  cons Perspective. This year was a prime example. At first we
all got involved with communicating to the Con personnel. This was found
to be overwhelming and counter productive. This list is absolutely the
place to disuse relevant issue and once we have worked out what we are
actually after , our  spokesmen , this year Marshal, can bring it up to
the con-com. I suspect that much of this Penguudindfondongcon lounge
mail can and will be moved to a Penguudindfondongcon-Lounge list at some
point and the rest of the list can go back to talking about beer and
guns, oh and linux.

--
Jeff Lawton
Ideal Solution, LLC