[GLLUG] Midnight Commander

tigner tigner at msu.edu
Fri Oct 2 13:02:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 12:33 -0400, Chick Tower wrote:
> I'm going to be teaching the intro to the Linux command line class in
> three weeks.  I'd like to show the attendees Midnight Commander, but I
> don't know if it comes installed by default in Ubuntu, or in any distros
> other than Slackware.  Could someone please let me know if it is
> installed by default in your distro of choice?  I know it would be easy
> to install in most distros, but I'd like to know if I'll need to have
> them do that in class.  Thanks.
>
> Ordinarily, I'd ask you to let me know off the mailing list, but I might
> get twenty messages about it that way.  Please reply to the list so
> people know which distros have been reported.  Thank you.

I mistakenly said that there was only a port but no package for mc
on FreeBSD, this is incorrect.

There is a package for FreeBSD for Midnight Commander, and there is
a kde mc clone called krusader, but it needs kdelibs 3.5.10 .

Barry A. Tigner
MSU Physics and Astronomy dept.
Electronics Design and Service Ctr.
1230 BioMed PhySci