[GLLUG] Linux friendly phones

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Mon Dec 13 18:31:53 EST 2010

I'm reviewing smart phones....time to upgrade.  If you've done this you
know what an awful morass it is, plans, phones, features, costs, etc.
Anyway, I would like to solicit recommendations, and warnings, about
phones, service providers, etc. that you use and are happy with, or
hate.  I am specifically interested in getting a phone (e.g., the
Blackberry Bold 9700) that can function as a modem for my portable.  I
don't want any nasty surprises when I try to connect to my Linux laptop
with this, or a Bluetooth connection, synchronization, etc.

I suspect this could unleash a flood of passionate replies, which would
be great for me but might flood the list.  So, feel free to email me
off-list.

Thanks in advance.

Stan