[GLLUG] Looking for some open source projects (local) to aid in

vanek vanek at acd.net
Sun Jan 3 17:02:28 EST 2010

I've never heard of anybody complain of disk fragmentation problems on
the extX file systems. In fact, I've heard the opposite, that the random
file storage across the disk can actually reduce head-travel when using
the elevator algorithm.
The btree-based file systems, on the other hand, I've heard could use
this optimization.(If I'm not mistaken, I believe both reiser and btrfs
use a structure similar to b-trees.)