[GLLUG] new guy to Linux, need a few reccomendations

tigner tigner at msu.edu
Fri Jan 22 08:51:03 EST 2010

Don't forget that Softmaker Office 2008 is free , fast and
lncludes the following...

Textmaker	MS Word compatible word processor
Planmaker	MS Excel compatible spreadsheet
Presentations	MS PowerPoint compatible presentation program

This is multiplatform, with versions for Windows and Linux. FreeBSD
users can install the Linux version which runs great.

The link to get your free license key and a free 58.9MB download is...

http://www.softmaker.de/lh-down-en.htm

Softmaker is giving this away free because they have a new version
SoftMaker Office2010, which has an academic pricing of $25 USD for
a single license or $99 for an unlimited site license. Both come
with free updates and 24/7 support.

Here is a quote from their site.
For just € 79 or US$ 99, schools will receive a site license for all
school computers. The software can be used in education and
administration. Universities can order site licenses for SoftMaker
Office that cover all computers owned by a university chair for the same
small € 79 | US$ 99 charge.

Additionally, teachers and students may purchase personal licenses at
educational prices.

Barry