[GLLUG] Browser problems

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sun Nov 7 10:59:47 EST 2010

On 11/07/2010 08:51 AM, Frank Dolinar wrote:
>  He also said that he has more than one anti-virus package installed
> on his system -- which I believe is not recommended.
He's lucky he can use the system at all.  A lot of the systems tend to
go into crazy loops triggering off of each others virus signatures.

He probably has a malware problem.  My advice is to do a complete wipe
and reinstall (something I'm looking at this week as well).  He should
install exactly -one- malware program, and he needs to make sure that
it's not something he bought at a store (which are nearly all crap).
Avast has a good rep and a good price.  I've also had excellent luck
with Kaspersky Anti Virus.  It's a bit spendy but very comprehensive.