[GLLUG] Hard Disk Replacement

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 15:29:30 EST 2010

Do you have a backup of the original hard drive, Ben?  If not, you had
better bring an install disk to reinstall your favorite Linux distribution.

I would also think that, if you have some kind of Windows restore disk
that you want to install also, you either bring that or run it ahead of
time.  It might not work if Linux is already installed, or, more likely,
would overwrite the Linux installation, and everything else on the
drive.  I don't know if a Windows restore disk would work on a hard
drive of a different size than was in the PC originally.

                                Chick